Monday 29 September 2008

I don't know who is my favourite designer

The truth is that I don't know yet who is my favourite designer.
Maybe is Ezio Manzini or Enzo Mari, both italians but I still don't decide it.

I do not share the idea of the designers rockstars like Philippe Starck. How can something so insignificant as a coat hanger to cost almost three millions of pesos?
In my opinion is much more prominent the work of hundreds of anonymous designers who day after day influence with their work our daily lives as those who design the packings of the products that we use, which design our clothes, the shoes, our electronic devices and many other objects that surround us and modify our lives.
That's industrial design, a tool that helps to the development of a country and for this reason must be for all the people and not only for some few ones.

1 comment:

Kate said...

hi nancy

Im agree with you respect to the price of the objects, but I think that you need to choose one designer jijiji

kisses