Tuesday 4 November 2008

Guernica


Guernica of Pablo Picasso is my favourite piece of art.
The painting represents a scene of desolation, death, pain and suffering after the bombing to Guernica the year '37 by part of the Nazis during the Spanish civil war.
It's was an order of the Spanish government to Picasso, for the pavilion of Spain in the International Exposition of Paris and he decided to paint it in white and black.
The first time that I saw the painting was in a cultural TV show when I was around 10 years old. Then, impressed it me for the size of the picture and the strange forms that it had, and even it giving me scare because I found it so cold. But after, looking the picture, I realized of the meaning of the painting. The horror of war and all the destruction and death that it cause.
When I look it I feel sad, for all the pain that the war can cause in the innocent people that nothing has to see with the fights of big leaders and their hunger of power, and that’s exactly what makes especial, the painting remember us until where can come the human being, and what things must no happened nevermore. Lamentably some doesn’t realize yet.

No comments: