Tuesday 25 November 2008

TED




A few weeks ago we have to visit the site TED.com. This's a site where people who talk, speak about different topics.

In the class I watch the video of Sir Ken Robinson "Do Schools Kill Creativity".
I also watch some others videos like "Design And The Elastical Mind" where Paola Antonelli, MOMA design curator, talk about the design and how it's present in every what we do in our lifes. She explain the colaboration that designer and scientist done in a exercise, and how we envolt into world of technology and the same time how we transform it for make it useful for every people.

I always remember that when I was on Kinder, I was painting a landscape with a blue three. It was a nice draw, but when the evil Tía Rebeca (one of the teachers) saw my draw, she almost shouts me.
She said me that how I couldn't realize that the threes were green!! OF COURSE that I knowed, but the point is... like said Sir Ken Robinson, schools doesn't help us to develop our creativity and that affects the elasticity of our minds.

Paola Antonelly says that a good designer is like a sponge that absorve all kinds of information. It's funny but I had listen that before, and it's totally true, of other way we might not proyect. That’s what I love the design, the power to observe the world and the ability to transform it.

http://www.ted.com
/index.php/talks/paola_antonelli_previews_design_
and_the_elastic_mind.html


No comments: